Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hungarian Chicken Paprikash

At one restaurant in Budapest, I had chicken paprikash, which was sooo divine! Last night I tried making the dish.  It's a combination of several Pinterest recipes and a few of my own ideas.  Jeremy and I both LOVED it, and I will definitely be making this again! :-)

Hungarian Chicken Paprikash

For the chicken:
2 lbs chicken breast (I used two packages of tenderloins)
Salt
Black pepper

 
For the Paprikash:
6 Tbsp. butter
7 Tbsp. flour
4 Cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, minced
2 ½ Tbsp. paprika (I used 1 Tbsp. of hot paprika and 1 ½ Tbsp. of sweet paprika. Gave it a little kick.)
¾ Cup of sour cream (can also use heavy cream)
Black pepper
Salt

 
Instructions:
Cube or slice chicken into bite sized pieces.
Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
Fry (or grill or bake) chicken in skillet with olive oil until cooked.
 

For the Paprikash:
Over medium high heat, in a deep skillet, melt the butter.
Add flour and mix into the butter, stirring around the pan until lightly golden.
Add chicken broth, thyme, garlic, and onion to pan stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken, paprika, sour cream, and salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly.
Cover skillet, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
Serve on top of spaetzle.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment