Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 3- Walking and Walking

Today Jer didn't have to be at work until noon, so I took off also around that time to walk to The Met. It was such a lovely, warm day!!

I got sidetracked a few times on my way to the museum. :-) First, FAO Schwarz, the famous toy store.


Nutella anyone? 

Next I spotted Tiffany's. 

There was a man to open the front doors and personally welcome people to the store, then a man in the elevator to push the buttons for us. So many gorgeous diamonds! 

My next stop was at Bergdorf's. Mmm

What a gorgeous store! I browsed the shoes first...


The most impressive? The evening gown floor! Apparently I need a glamorous gala to attend. (Feathery gown was $28,000. Yes, I touched it.) :-)

The Plaza hotel is right there too, and has been in many movies. 


Central Park begins just beyond the Plaza. Horse and carriage rides seem to be quite popular.

I really was planning on walking straight to The Met, but you see, this beautiful park was there that I just had to explore a little! ;-) I realized something today. I adore the country, but I also love the big city too!  Both have such beauty, it's hard to know which I love more.  Enjoy some sights of Central Park... 





Finally I made it to The Met. 


Of course you could spend an entire day there, maybe more. But I wanted to get back to the hotel before dark, so I walked through quickly and saw some highlights.

Horse Parade

Monet's Waterlilies 

Picasso


Degas

So many gorgeous pieces!! 

A few more sights on my way back to the hotel...

Entrance to the hotel.

Jeremy preparing for the trial. Lots of paperwork! He's doing a great job!

We went out with the owners again tonight for dinner. Benjamin Steakhouse was the spot. I had delicious salmon and authentic New York cheesecake- the best I've ever tasted!




Jer and I went on a walk after dinner. The office he's working in is the lighted room above H & M. 

Here's the entrance to the office. I told him it looks like a fashion runway.

We walked by the Empire State Building, and then through Times Square.




Unless you've been there, it's hard to explain how bright and lit everything is. So much to view.

By the time we got back to our room, it was close to midnight; I was walking much more slowly, as my feet were tired and pained. What an awesome day though! We're trying to fit in as much as possible.

One thing we've noticed is, contrary to popular belief, people in New York are extremely polite and helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment