Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 6- Rockafeller Center

Today Jer took the witness stand and was questioned and cross examined for 1.5 hours! But when his part was finished, he got the rest of the day off at 11am! A day and a half ahead of schedule! More time to play... :-)

Chilaxing on the club patio. I wish we had a cool deck like this.

No-coat-November! It was so warm today!

We ventured a short jaunt over to Rockafeller Center to see the famous ice rink and Christmas tree. They'll do the tree unveiling when the lights come on.

A huge job stringing the lights! 

Trimmings in the foreground...

We visited the Lego store and loved the colored bins!

Rockefeller Center in Legos.

Gotta say, the rink is super tiny, but very festive!

We walked through the NBC store and got our photo with Matt Lauer lol.


We were handed tickets to see Late Night with Seth Meyers.

While waiting for the monologue to start, we killed time by having lunch and doing a bit of shopping. Sorry New York, but you don't know how to make French fries like Idaho does!! ;-) 

So those that know me know that Anthropologie is my favorite store in the world. And the New York store? Unbelievable!  Our precious Boise store is great, but doesn't have a shoe section and personal shoppers. Lol 


The Lego store to Jeremy was what the American Girl store was to me. ;-) It took me back to my childhood and was a dreamland! Thankfully I still have one young niece to get doll clothes for. ;-)

Three floors of doll bliss.

Back at the rink, we had someone take our photo. And then...
 Five seconds later, I fell going up the stairs. I've been so "trippy" here!! My hot chocolate landed upside down, I landed on my purse which had my camera in it, and hurt my pride a bit. Lol embarrassing.  Just a few bruises, but most importantly, my camera was unscathed.

So to watch Seth Meyers' monologue rehearsal, we stood in some long, tiring lines. :-) Each late show like this has a rehearsal, where the producers and writers figure out what jokes Seth should actually tell on the recorded show. We were the test audience to see what jokes we laughed and found funny, and which were not funny. I'd never seen him before (or heard of him?) but it was such a fun experience.

The recording studio he is in was also where the original Jeopardy was filmed, and many other shows. We also walked by the set of Saturday Night Live. Seth was very friendly and yes, funny. We had free tickets to see the actual produced show, but decided not to wait around. We'll have to watch TV tonight to see what jokes he ended up using in his monologue. Of course everything is copyrighted, so no photos were allowed. 

For dinner we went to Two Boots, by suggestion of our friend Clint who used to live here and is authority on all things NY. :-) It was a fun pizza place with gluten free crust (yay!). Jer was eating it folded- New York style. I admit I did use my fork a couple of times, until he took it from me. ;-) 

Good-night! We are planning on getting up suuuuuper early to go stand in line for the Today Show. So if you happen to watch that show tomorrow, look for us! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment